Monday, October 03, 2005

No Room at the Inn for Baby Jesus

Stansted Airport. About to fly to Brno, Czech Republic. Although, it's really beginning to look like a "bad idea". I bought this plane ticket before I made a room reservation...except I've now found out that every hotel, penzion and hostel is sold out. Something big is going in Brno. I just don't know what. So, It's going to be another straight day of transit, as I attempt to get from the Brno airport to the Brno train station to the Olomouc train station, where (hopefully) my handler from the film festival will find someplace for me to stay. (Expedia, etc. have no idea where Olomouc is. They know Brno, but no Olomouc.)

So. Excitment.

Last night I wandered around London, hitting Liecaster Sqaure, Picadilly Circus and Oxford Circus. I had napped in the room after checking in, and missed the window for getting half priced theater tickets, so I'll give that a whirl on the way back. Had dinner at a pub just down for the hotels -- sausage and mash with a Stella. Very yummy. Then I slept like a log.

London was very comforting -- it's a nice way to ease yourself into Europe. Things are more or less as you expect them, but just enough wierd to throw you off. Later today, I'll have the langauge culture shock, but at least people will drive on the right side of the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home