Sunday, October 02, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm still laggy from my flight. Yeah. Ummmm. Words aren't forming at this point. Have had about 90 minutes of sleep on the flight. (Quick note: British Airways gave me more doo-dads for my 6 flight {toothpaste!} than United gave me for my 13 flight to Tokyo)

Flight landed at 7:30 am, finally got into Paddington at around 10:00 and have been wandering around ever since. Really wandering. Like, the only thing that I knew was Trafaglar Square was by the hotel. So, let's see what's behind Trafalgar Sqaure....oh...it's Buckingham Palace. Oh, it's about to be the changing the of guard! Let's wait for it. And wait for it. And wait for it. And then watch it happen, and then realize, it's really not particularly exciting. Unless bagpipes is your idea of excitement.

Wandered over past the London Eye, past the Saatchi Gallery (no Damain Hirst animals in formaldyhyde means no Geoff go), and over to the Tate Modern. Which was good, except of course, that I felt like if I sat down in any gallery, I'd fall asleep on the bench.

Guess I'll forage for some food now. Picts to come.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always preferred the Tower of London to Buckingham Palace. When I first saw the Palace, I was surprised it was so plain. I went up to a guard and asked "What's this?" and he said "Are you joking? Where's the hidden camera?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home