Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tallinn En Vivo




Climbed the tower to (what I think is) the highest point in town. These two pictures are in opposite direction. NB - I made a taxi driver very mad by refering to that large body of water as "the ocean".

No! "It is The Gulf of Finland".

I would understand (a little) his anger if it was called the Gulf of Estonia...but as far as I'm concerned, it's salt water...it's the ocean.

(One of those rooflines in the lower picture is actually my hotel.)



Beautiful Russian Orthodox church. Tallinn is much less about churches than Vilnius. Tallinn has a rather large old town, with an "upper town" on a hill surrounded by walls, with a "lower town" beneath it, also surrounded by walls. It has many of those winding, narrow cobble stoned streets I love so much....but I didn't shoot any really good street scenes, so you just get another pretty church.



My one complaint was that Tallinn didn't have a good astrological clock....then I found this one. The book says it's face is from the 1600's, so I guess it can stay.

It's as cold as a witch's teet here. (If you look at a map, I'm practically in Helsinki.)



So I bought this pimp coat from a thrift store. It's polyester and warm!

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH-HOOO

You're a hottie! Mr. Geoff

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pimp coat golden diva.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home